It's 2015, my how time flies. I've been thinking about this goals list quite often lately with my thirtieth birthday approaching this year. There have been some really big changes in my life since I originally wrote these out. Several aren't particularly applicable anymore, but I've updated them none the less.
- Participate in 6 craft fairs with my crochet stuff
I've participate in two craft fairs, both during my time in Pennsylvania. Since returning to Oklahoma, I haven't done much crafting for other people.
- Don't let others get me down and remember this every day, "You is kind, You is smart, You is important"
Wow, the last year has been full of dark and twisty moments, but despite all the drastic changes, the last two weeks have been much more bright and shiny.
- Read 30 new books (yes Sabrina I stole this)
So far I have read 31 books! I've got a blog draft listing them all, which I will post in several months when my birthday comes around. I thought this would be one of the toughest challenges, but I finished this with plenty of time to spare!
- Remember the little things and don't fight over money
The little moments: walking Edward after work, driving while the sun is rising and being able sleep soundly without a noisy neighbor.
- Learn Italian or Spanish
I'm afraid I haven't even started this particular challenge.
- Get 10,000 fans on my Facebook model page
Summer of 2013 I deactivated my Facebook page and later that fall I deactivated my personal account There were a variety of reasons why, but it has been freeing not having the distraction. Plus it had become a rather negative environment, so it's been a little easier not to get swept up in petty, unimportant things.
- Run a marathon
My return to Oklahoma meant a few short jogs around the block, but I have yet to finish the physical therapy necessary for my marathon training. I'm afraid this particular goal may need to get moved to my bucket list...
- Remember to send out birthday/anniversary cards to my family/closest friends without them being late
I've gone back and forth with this one. I did join an online card site name JacquieLawson.com which has really cute cards for all year round. I've sent quite a few out, but more for holidays than anything else.
- Join a crochet/scrapbook/women's group (or 2) here in PA
Well, I had listed this hoping to meet more people, branch out while living so far from home. Now that I'm back in Oklahoma, I'm once again part of Vicki's crops down in Purcell. I missed them a lot and am really glad to be joining all those ladies!
- Continue learning how to fix my '71 Camaro by myself
RJ actually has Astrid right now. He's doing some bigger stuff, but now that the weather is getting nicer, hopefully I'll be able to make my way out there to help!
- Reach 300 blog followers
So far I have increased my followers from 3 to a whopping 8, but with so little blog activity, that's not surprising.
- Have an official date night at least twice a month
We had an official date night once a week! Until we moved home and so much has changed. Now I have a date night each week with Sabrina ;)
- Fill the 4 journals I have sitting on my bookcase
I've been writing in my journal a little more of recent. One is about 3/4 of the way full. I'm going to need to hustle!
- Crochet 4 afghans
I've finished three afghans, and have started a fourth. I've also done a 3x3 baby blanket and a large nap blanket for my nephew.
- Be old fashioned "pen pals" with my Grandma and Sabrina
I continue to write Grandma. She doesn't seem to as much, but I still look forward to opening my mailbox at the end of each day. Since I don't need to write Sabrina anymore, I've started writing Dad.
- Build a clientele for my hair styling work
No longer applicable since I'm now a Sales Manager at Bankers Life. Wow, life changes!
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen or nursing home
There's a really nice retirement center around the corner from my new place, I need to go in and see if I can help with something after work one night a week.
- Take enough pictures to fill my two Christmas/Winter scrapbooks
Not sure why I haven't taken as many pictures at the holidays, the whole family seems to have been on pause.
- Finish Grandma Molly's memorial scrapbook album
There are only a few final touches left! I've done all I can do. Some of the family members need to do a few more journal boxes to really top it off.
- Remember to take photos with Nate, friends and family year round so I can scrapbook our memories
Got my camera charger back from Oklahoma, and have been doing better for vacations, but not smaller events. Of course this means I need to pull my scrapbook stuff out of the closet...oh boy, well this one needs to change a bit.....I've been taking photos at our work events and have created a scrapbook for the coffee table in the welcome room at the office.
- Start my own racing scrapbook
This one is at a halt. In fact I don't have a lot to scrapbook from the last three years, so for now I'm creating a Christmas album for mom.
- Reread Writing Down the Bones and follow her suggestions for writing topics in my journals
I've got my own copy, and started...need to restart and dig in!
- Remember to share good news, not just the bad news
This I've gotten much, much better at doing.
- Get some legitimate, paid modeling work
My last photoshoot was in December 2013. I have given up modeling...at least for the time being ;)
- Sign up for 30 modeling contests
I signed up for three. I didn't win them, but on a different note, I have been published in a magazine! That is definitely better than a contest :)
- Attend pilates or yoga classes
I have yet to join a gym again, but I do have access to the workout facility at my new apartment complex. I plan to start going as well as revisiting all the pilates videos I have acquired.
- Run the NYC marathon
Well this would be more of a challenge now. Not just because of the reasons in #7, but also because NYC isn't just a few hour drive down the turnpike....BUCKET LIST!
- Take a cake decorating class
Honestly not sure if I still want to do this one. I might need to come up with something new.
- Take up ballroom dance lessons again
Do I have to have a partner for this? My job may be too demanding at the moment, but I'm confident I'll do this again in the future.
- Visit the top 10 places to go in Pennsylvania as listed here: http://midatlantic.choicehotels.com/pennsylvania-hotels/top10attractions
I've only hit two places on this list: Falling Water being the first, but I've also been to Kentuck Knob (Frank Lloyd Wright's second house in the same area). I was finally able to get to Kennywood as well. They had this black widow ride that was so high up it was almost terrifying to both of us! Although I couldn't take the time or spend the money to do most of the things on this list, I was able to make a trip over to Sandcastle, a famous waterpark in West Mifflin, PNC Park to watch the Pirates play three times, and I volunteered at the Pittsburgh Marathon, which meant traveling across many of the incredible suspension bridges.
What have been some of your challenges with long-term goal setting?